Author + information
- Division of Cardiology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, CaliforniaDivision of Cardiology, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Tahmeed Contractor, Loma Linda University Medical Center, 11234 Anderson Street, Loma Linda, California 92354.
This report describes a case of pericardial effusion and tamponade that appeared several weeks after WATCHMAN device (Boston Scientific, Natick, Massachusetts) placement for left atrial appendage occlusion. The report also discusses the likely etiology and clinical management of this uncommon condition. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
- atrial fibrillation
- cardiac tamponade
- effusive-constrictive pericarditis
- left atrial appendage closure device
- pericardial effusion
Dr. Parwani is the Social Media Consultant for JACC Journals. All other authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received March 25, 2019.
- Revision received April 26, 2019.
- Accepted April 26, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors