Author + information
- Carlos H. Salazar, MD,
- Alejandro Travieso, MD,
- Nieves Gonzalo, MD, PhD and
- Javier Escaned, MD, PhD∗ ()
- Interventional Cardiology Department at Hospital Clinico San Carlos, Instituto de Investigación Sanitaria San Carlos and Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, SpainInterventional Cardiology, Hospital Clinico San Carlos Instituto de Investigacion Sanitria San Carlos and Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Javier Escaned, Interventional Cardiology, Hospital Clínico San Carlos, Calle Profesor Martín Lagos s/n, 28040 Madrid, Spain.
Adequate plaque preparation in heavily calcific left main coronary stenoses is mandatory to ensure adequate stent implantation. Intravascular lithotripsy (IVL) is a potential alternative to atherectomy techniques for this purpose. The authors present 2 cases treated with IVL in a successful manner in the left main coronary artery.
Dr. Gonzalo has received honoraria for speaking at education events for Abbott and Boston Scientific. All other authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received April 9, 2019.
- Revision received May 2, 2019.
- Accepted May 7, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors