Author + information
- Frederik Uttenthal Larsen, MDa,∗ (, )@fred_utla,
- Johannes Katate Wilhjelm, MDb and
- Eric Steen Nielsen, MDb
- aDepartment of Cardiology, Aalborg University Hospital, Aalborg, DenmarkDepartment of Cardiology, Aalborg University Hospital, Aalborg, Denmark
- bDepartment of Cardiology, Viborg Regional Hospital, Viborg, DenmarkDepartment of Cardiology, Viborg Regional Hospital, Viborg, Denmark
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Frederik Uttenthal Larsen, Department of Cardiology, Aalborg University Hospital, Hobrovej 18-22, 9000 Aalborg, Denmark.
Malignant melanoma demonstrates the highest rate of cardiac metastases. The incidence of melanoma is rising. The prognosis of people with advanced melanoma is generally poor. This case report emphasizes the potential need for early detection of cardiac involvement in advanced melanoma in view of promising advances in treatment with immune checkpoint inhibitors. (Level of Difficulty: Advanced.)
All authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received April 9, 2019.
- Revision received April 29, 2019.
- Accepted April 29, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors