Author + information
- Deepak Atri, MDa,∗ (, )@DeepakAtriMD,
- Claire Shappell, MDb,
- Paul B. Dieffenbach, MDb and
- Yee-Ping Sun, MDa
- aDepartment of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- bDepartment of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Deepak Atri, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, 75 Francis Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115.
Cardiac tamponade is a rare cause of shock in the medical intensive care unit. This paper describes the case of a focal cardiac tamponade caused by compression of the left atrium due to an esophageal stent. Echocardiography yielded a diagnosis when other diagnostic methods did not. (Level of Difficulty: Advanced.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received April 10, 2019.
- Revision received May 9, 2019.
- Accepted May 9, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors