Author + information
- Andrew N. Rosenbaum, MDa,∗ (, )
- Melanie C. Bois, MDb,
- Xin Zhang, MDc,
- Wil L. Santivasi, MDc and
- William K. Freeman, MDd
- aDepartment of Cardiovascular Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota
- bDepartment of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota
- cDepartment of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic Rochester, Rochester, Minnesota
- dDepartment of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic Arizona, Scottsdale, Arizona
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Andrew N. Rosenbaum, Mayo Clinic Rochester, 200 1st Street SW, Rochester, Minnesota 55905.
Primary malignant pericardial mesothelioma is a rare cardiac neoplasm. The authors evaluated risk factors, clinical presentation, and outcomes by reviewing all biopsy-confirmed cases at one institution. The use of multimodality imaging, detailed hemodynamic assessment for the presence of an effusive-constrictive profile, and cytology evaluation can support the diagnosis. (Level of Difficulty: Advanced.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received April 15, 2019.
- Revision received June 11, 2019.
- Accepted June 19, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors