Author + information
- Guiomar Mendieta, MD, MSc∗ (, )
- Silvia Montserrat, MD, PhD,
- Susanna Prat-Gonzalez, MD, PhD,
- Bàrbara Vidal, MD, PhD and
- Marta Sitges, MD, PhD
- Cardiology Department, Cardiovascular Institute, Hospital Clínic, Institut d'Investigaciones Biomèdiques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Guiomar Mendieta, Cardiology Department, Cardiovascular Institute, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, c/Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain.
A 35-year-old female athlete presented with recent episodes of pre-syncope on exertion while exercising. An isolated double-chambered right ventricle was diagnosed by transthoracic echocardiography and cardiac magnetic resonance. This defect typically presents during infancy and/or early childhood, is rarely reported in adults, and is usually associated with other congenital defects. (Level of Difficulty: Advanced.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received April 25, 2019.
- Accepted May 23, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors