Author + information
- Brian C. Case, MDa,b,∗ (, )@bcase07,
- Syed Z. Qamer, MDc,
- Emily M. Gates, MSc and
- Monvadi B. Srichai, MDc
- aDivision of Cardiology, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- bMedStar Heart and Vascular Institute, Washington, DC
- cDivision of Cardiology, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Brian C. Case, MedStar Washington Hospital Center, 110 Irving Street NW, Suite 6D15, Washington, DC 20010.
The authors developed a patient decision aid (PDA) to educate patients regarding CAD. Patients were randomized to standard of care or a PDA. PDA group had increased medical knowledge of CAD and decreased decisional conflict. Patients presenting in an outpatient setting with symptoms may benefit from the use of a PDA. (Level of Difficulty: Beginner.)
This work was funded by a research grant from the Lee and Juliet Folger Fund Foundation. The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received April 10, 2019.
- Revision received May 31, 2019.
- Accepted June 26, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors