Author + information
- Received January 27, 2020
- Revision received April 28, 2020
- Accepted May 12, 2020
- Published online September 16, 2020.
- aDivision of Cardiology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- bDivision of Cardiology, Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
- cDuke Clinical Research Institute, Durham, North Carolina
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Kevin A. Friede, Duke University, 304 Research Drive, Durham, North Carolina 27708.
Arteriovenous (AV) fistulae for hemodialysis in patients with end-stage renal disease usually prevents ipsilateral transradial access (TRA) for coronary angiography. We present a case of coronary angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention via left TRA with navigation through a dormant AV fistula in a patient with limited vascular access. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received January 27, 2020.
- Revision received April 28, 2020.
- Accepted May 12, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors