Author + information
- Received March 4, 2020
- Accepted April 15, 2020
- Published online September 16, 2020.
- Laura A. Keenahan, BSa,
- Revanth K. Poondla, BSa,
- Wayne J. Franklin, MDb,
- Peter R. Ermis, MDa,c,
- Pamela Ketwaroo, MDa,d,
- Angeline Opina, MDa,c and
- Manisha Gandhi, MDa,e,∗ ()
- aBaylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas
- bDepartment of Cardiology, Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Phoenix, Arizona
- cAdult Congenital Heart Disease Program, Texas Children’s Hospital Houston, Texas
- dDepartment of Radiology, Texas Children’s Hospital, Houston, Texas
- eDepartment of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Texas Children’s Pavilion for Women, Houston, Texas
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Manisha Gandhi, Baylor College of Medicine, 6651 Main Street, Suite 1096, Houston, Texas 77098.
The Fontan procedure was created to address the mixing of pulmonary and systemic venous return in patients with a single functional ventricle. The patient in this case with a Fontan repair experienced multiple pulmonary emboli 10 days post-partum. We outline management and recommendations when treating these patients. (Level of Difficulty: Beginner.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received March 4, 2020.
- Accepted April 15, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors