Author + information
- Received May 12, 2020
- Revision received May 27, 2020
- Accepted May 29, 2020
- Published online September 16, 2020.
- aDivision of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- bSidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Behzad Pavri, Division of Cardiology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 925 Chestnut Street, Suite 200, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107.
Vagal activation usually affects both sinus and atrioventricular (AV) nodes, manifesting as sinus slowing accompanied by varying degrees of AV block. AV block accompanying sinus acceleration as during treadmill testing is usually considered pathologic. We report 2 cases of vagally mediated reflex AV block accompanied by sinus tachycardia and acceleration. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received May 12, 2020.
- Revision received May 27, 2020.
- Accepted May 29, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors