Author + information
- Received October 10, 2019
- Revision received January 23, 2020
- Accepted February 19, 2020
- Published online June 17, 2020.
- Akshar Jaglan, DO,
- Arshad Jahangir, MD and
- Atul Bhatia, MD∗ ()
- Aurora Cardiovascular and Thoracic Services, Aurora Sinai/Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Centers, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Atul Bhatia, Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center, 2801 W. Kinnickinnic River Parkway, Suite 880, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53215.
Vagal nerve stimulators are devices used to treat medically refractory epilepsy. Here, we present a rare, unique, and life-threatening side effect of vagal nerve stimulator placement. (Level of Difficulty: Advanced.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received October 10, 2019.
- Revision received January 23, 2020.
- Accepted February 19, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors