Author + information
- Jeffrey Kolominsky, MDa,∗ (, )
- Zackary Tushak, DOb,
- Jaideep Patel, MDb,
- Aaron Schatz, MDb,
- Ajay Pillai, MDb and
- Jonathan Potfay, MDc
- aDepartment of Medicine, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Virginia
- bDivision of Cardiology, Pauley Heart Center, Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia
- cDivision of Cardiology, Hunter Holmes McGuire Veteran Medical Center, Richmond, Virginia
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Jeffrey Kolominsky, Virginia Commonwealth University, Box 980509, Richmond, Virginia 23298-0509.
Eosinophilic granulomatosis with polyangiitis, formerly Churg-Strauss Syndrome, is an uncommon disorder that carries a high mortality when coronary artery disease develops. Early recognition and treatment is crucial. We highlight an unusual presentation of acute coronary syndrome not associated with atherosclerotic coronary disease. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
- acute coronary syndrome
- ischemic heart disease
- premature coronary artery disease
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received February 20, 2020.
- Revision received May 1, 2020.
- Accepted May 6, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors