Author + information
- aNew York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Irving Medical Center, New York, New York
- bCohen Children’s Medical Center, Northwell Health System, Great Neck, New York
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Elena Donald, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University Irving Medical Center, 622 West 168th Street, VC 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10032.
Our patient presented in her third trimester of pregnancy with new onset of heart failure. A thorough workup in the initial postpartum period with detailed past medical history, advanced imaging modalities, and a multidisciplinary approach revealed a rare and treatable etiology of cardiomyopathy. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
Dr. Axsom has served as a consultant for Abbott Laboratories. All other authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received February 18, 2020.
- Revision received April 29, 2020.
- Accepted May 6, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors