Author + information
- Krittika Joshi, MBBSa,
- Daniel Kaplan, DOb,
- Adnan Bakar, MDb,
- John F. Jennings, MDb,
- Denise A. Hayes, MDa,
- Siddharth Mahajan, MBBSa,
- Nilanjana Misra, MDa,
- Elizabeth Mitchell, MDa,
- Todd M. Sweberg, MDb,
- Matthew D. Taylor, MDb,c and
- Christine A. Capone, MD, MPHb,c,∗ ()
- aDepartment of Pediatric Cardiology, Cohen Children’s Medical Center, Zucker School of Medicine, Hofstra University, New Hyde Park, New York
- bDepartment of Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Cohen Children’s Medical Center, Zucker School of Medicine, Hofstra University, New Hyde Park, New York
- cFeinstein Institute for Medical Research, Northwell Health, Manhasset, New York
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Christine A. Capone, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine, Steven and Alexandra Cohen Children’s Medical Center of New York, 269-01 76th Avenue, New Hyde Park, New York 11040.
Coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) has been reported to cause significant morbidity in adults, with reportedly a lesser impact on children. Cardiac dysfunction has only been described in adults thus far. We describe 3 cases of previously healthy children presenting with shock and COVID-19–related cardiac inflammation. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received May 6, 2020.
- Revision received May 14, 2020.
- Accepted May 27, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors