Author + information
- Received April 15, 2020
- Accepted April 20, 2020
- Published online July 15, 2020.
- Justin Coyle, DOa,
- Efehi Igbinomwanhia, MD, MPHb,
- Alejandro Sanchez-Nadales, MDb,∗ (, )
- Sorin Danciu, MD, MSa,
- Chae Chu, MDc and
- Nishit Shah, MDa
- aDepartment of Cardiovascular Medicine, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- bDepartment of Medicine, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- cDepartment of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Alejandro Sanchez-Nadales, Department of Internal Medicine, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, 856 West Nelson Street, Chicago, Illinois 60657.
We describes a case of a critically ill patient with myocarditis and severe acute respiratory distress syndrome related to coronavirus disease-2019. This case highlights management strategies, including the use of corticosteroids, an interleukin-6 inhibitor, and an aldose reductase inhibitor, resulting in complete clinical recovery. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
- aldose reductase inhibitor
- cardiac magnetic resonance
- cardiogenic shock
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received April 15, 2020.
- Accepted April 20, 2020.