Author + information
- Jérôme Garot, MD, PhDa,∗ (, )
- Julien Amour, MD, PhDb,
- Théo Pezel, MDa,
- Firas Dermoch, MDb,
- Kamel Messadaa, MDb,
- Marie-Louise Felten, MDb,
- Valérie Raymond, MDb,
- Eric Baubillier, MDb,
- Francesca Sanguineti, MDa and
- Philippe Garot, MDa,b
- aCardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Laboratory, Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Hôpital Privé Jacques Cartier, Ramsay Santé, Massy, France
- bCovid-19-Intensive Care Unit #2, Hôpital Privé Jacques Cartier, Ramsay Santé, Massy, France
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Jérôme Garot, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Department–Institut Cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Hôpital Privé Jacques Cartier, Ramsay-Santé, 6 Avenue du Noyer Lambert, 91300 Massy, France.
An 18-year-old male without prior medical history developed fulminant myocarditis concomitant to severe COVID-19 pneumonia, which was confirmed using serial cardiac magnetic resonance. This may have important diagnostic, monitoring, and pathogenic implications. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
All authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received April 26, 2020.
- Revision received May 2, 2020.
- Accepted May 11, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors