Author + information
- Received May 14, 2020
- Revision received May 29, 2020
- Accepted June 1, 2020
- Published online July 15, 2020.
- Nicola Bernardi, MDa,∗ ( )(, )@NbernardiMD,
- Emiliano Calvi, MDa,
- Giuliana Cimino, MDa,
- Greta Pascariello, MDa,
- Matilde Nardi, MDa,
- Dario Cani, MDa,
- Pompilio Faggiano, MDa,
- Enrico Vizzardi, MDa,
- Di Meo Nunzia, MDb and
- Metra Marco, MDa
- aInstitute of Cardiology, Department of Medical and Surgical Specialties, Radiological Sciences, and Public Health, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
- bInstitute of Radiology, Department of Medical and Surgical Specialties, Radiological Sciences, and Public Health, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Nicola Bernardi, Spedali Civili Brescia, piazza spedali civili 1, 25123 Brescia, Italy.
Left ventricle thrombus is considered a rare complication of Takotsubo syndrome. However, both a stress condition predisposing to Takotsubo syndrome and coagulation abnormalities coexist in COVID-19. We describe a case of a patient with COVID-19 with Takotsubo syndrome. (Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.)
Prof. Metra has received personal fees from Abbott Vascular, Amgen, Bayer, Edwards Therapeutics, and Vifor Pharma. All other authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received May 14, 2020.
- Revision received May 29, 2020.
- Accepted June 1, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors