Author + information
- Received June 2, 2020
- Accepted June 3, 2020
- Published online July 15, 2020.
- Sunit-Preet Chaudhry, MDa,
- Christopher T. Salerno, MDb,
- Ashwin K. Ravichandran, MD, MPHa and
- Mary Norine Walsh, MDa,∗ ()
- aDivision of Cardiology, St. Vincent Heart Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
- bDivision of Cardiothoracic Surgery, St. Vincent Heart Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Mary Norine Walsh, St. Vincent Heart Center, 8333 Naab Road, Suite 400, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260.
Shared decision making with patients in advanced heart failure is critical when making decisions on therapies such as left ventricular assist device implantation and cardiac transplantation. We describe a case wherein the risks of coronavirus disease-2019 affected the decision of a patient regarding proceeding with cardiac transplantation. (Level of Difficulty: Beginner.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received June 2, 2020.
- Accepted June 3, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors