Author + information
- Received April 2, 2020
- Revision received April 7, 2020
- Accepted April 9, 2020
- Published online July 15, 2020.
- Waqas Ullah, MDa,∗ (, )
- Rehan Saeed, MDa,
- Usman Sarwar, MDa,
- Rajesh Patel, MDa and
- David L. Fischman, MDb
- aInternal Medicine, Abington Hospital-Jefferson Health, Abington, Pennsylvania
- bDivision of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Waqas Ullah, Abington Hospital-Jefferson Health, 1200 Old York Road, Abington, Pennsylvania 19001.
A patient with coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) developed sudden shortness of breath and hypoxia. She received a diagnosis of massive pulmonary embolism complicated by right-sided heart failure, which was successfully managed conservatively. This case marks the first report of COVID-19–induced pulmonary embolism in association with acute heart failure. (Level of Difficulty: Beginner.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
The authors attest they are in compliance with human studies committees and animal welfare regulations of the authors’ institutions and Food and Drug Administration guidelines, including patient consent where appropriate. For more information, visit the JACC: Case Reports author instructions page.
- Received April 2, 2020.
- Revision received April 7, 2020.
- Accepted April 9, 2020.
- 2020 The Authors