Author + information
- aDepartment of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery, Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi, India
- bDepartment of Cardiology, Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi, India
- ↵∗Address for correspondence:
Dr. Mohan Nair, Coordinator and Head, Department of Cardiology, Holy Family Hospital, Okhla Road, New Delhi 110025, India.
Post-traumatic common carotid artery–internal jugular vein fistula is extremely rare (4% to 7% of all traumatic arteriovenous fistulas). Clinical manifestations depend on the size, duration, and proximity to the heart. This report describes a case where the condition remained undiagnosed for years, and the patient was recently treated with transsternal ligation of the left common carotid artery. (Level of Difficulty: Advanced.)
The authors have reported that they have no relationships relevant to the contents of this paper to disclose.
- Received April 15, 2019.
- Revision received August 8, 2019.
- Accepted August 20, 2019.
- 2019 The Authors